We want your SkinMD appointment to run as quickly and smoothly as professionally possible. We hope the information provided here will help you to be as well-prepared as possible. Included are common patient forms to download; helpful hints; and a few tidbit about what to expect during your visit.
Mon – Thur, 8AM – 4:30PM
Individual staff hours are below
4515 Harding Pike
Nashville, TN 37205
Request an appointment time
Complete the form and we'll be back with you soon.
Preparing for your appointment
- Ask about pre-appointment requirements such as diet restrictions prior to your procedure.
- Make a few lists
- Symptoms you’re experiencing, as applicable, related to the purpose of your visit..
- Personal information—not just addresses and phone numbers but also current or recent life stresses.
- Medications, vitamins or supplements
- Questions to ask your doctor.
- Consider having a friend or family member accompany you—for support and help remembering health, symptom, or restriction details.
Insurance & Payment
SkinMD works with various insurance companies and will bill them directly for services that are covered by your plan. We ask that our patients verify that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for their insurance plans and obtain referrals, if required, prior to your appointment. Patients will be responsible for payment of co-pays and deductibles at the time of their visit.
The following tips will assist you with insurance information:
- It is your responsibility to verify your benefits and confirm that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for your insurance plan. You may need to call the number on the back of your card directly to verify, as the website listing may be out of date.
- If a referral from your PCP is required, please verify that it has been sent by your PCP at least three days prior to your appointment. If your insurance card has your PCP’s name listed, it is more than likely that a referral will be required. If you still would like to be seen without a referral, you must assume full financial responsibility for the charges incurred on the day of your visit.
- Please bring a copy of your current insurance card to each visit.
- SkinMD accepts Aetna and CareCredit.
- SkinMD collects all co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance on the date of service. Our contract with your insurance plan states that we will collect these fees from you. We ask that you supply us your credit card information, so that we may charge these fees once your insurance claim has been processed and the insurance portion has been paid.