What SkinMD in Nashville, TN, wants you to know about your acne treatment options
If you have acne, you already know how unsightly and uncomfortable it can be. Acne can make you self-conscious in front of others. Acne can also damage your skin, leaving behind scars and blemishes. The good news is there are effective treatments from your dermatologist. Dr. Ellen Jacobson at SkinMD in Nashville, TN, wants to share some effective acne treatment options to clear up your skin.
Acne can affect both teenagers and adults. It can show up as blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules, and other types of blemishes. You might be tempted to just let acne clear up by itself, but there’s a small problem; it may not clear up, and if it does, acne can leave behind scars.
A better solution is professional treatment by your dermatologist. Dr. Jacobson offers several treatment options including:
- Topical products to help unblock pores, getting rid of small blemishes.
- Topical and oral antibiotic medications; these medications eliminate the bacteria causing acne.
- Isotretinoin (Accutane) to unblock pores and eliminate painful cysts; this prescription medication is used to treat severe acne.
- Laser treatments to kill the acne causing bacteria
You can do a lot to prevent or reduce acne breakouts by trying a few simple lifestyle strategies like these:
- Regular exercise, to increase perspiration which helps eliminate toxins
- Eat healthy, avoiding fatty, greasy foods, and dairy products
- Drink water, to help eliminate toxins that can cause acne
- Wear non-comedogenic, oil-free makeup that won’t clog pores
If you also suffer residual scarring from acne, your dermatologist can help with that too. Dr. Jacobson uses lasers, dermal fillers, chemical peels, Microneedling with Secret Radio Frequency heat, and other treatments to make your skin smooth and blemish-free.
Don’t let acne get you down. Instead, seek out the services of an expert. Just pick up your phone and call Dr. Ellen Jacobson at SkinMD in Nashville, TN. Enjoy clearer skin by calling today!