Your first visit to SkinMD involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more.
There's also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures. You can also save some time by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dermatology.
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession, and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit: PDF Files | Secured Online Forms
In order to view or print these forms, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Click here to download it.
- Ask about pre-appointment requirements such as diet restrictions prior to your procedure.
- Make a few lists
- Symptoms you’re experiencing, as applicable, related to the purpose of your visit.
- Personal information—not just addresses and phone numbers but also current or recent life stresses.
- Medications, vitamins or supplements
- Questions to ask your doctor.
- Consider having a friend or family member accompany you—for support and help remembering health, symptom, or restriction details.
Your appointment is reserved especially for you. We value your business and ask that you respect our scheduling policies. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. We recognize the time of our clients and staff is valuable and have implemented this policy for this reason. When you miss an appointment with us, we not only lose your business, but also the potential business of other clients who could have scheduled an appointment for the same time. When you schedule your appointment with us, you are agreeing to these policies. All services require a credit card to guarantee a reservation so please have your credit card ready when booking. You will not be billed unless there is a cancellation or no show. Upon checkout, guests may choose their method of payment.
SkinMD requires a 24-hour notice for any medical/surgical dermatology appointment cancellations. Failure to call 24 hours in advance or not showing up for a medical/surgical dermatology appointment will result in a $25 fee.
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Appointments: (see details of this policy above in "Forms")
SkinMD requires a 24-hour notice for any cosmetic/aesthetic appointment cancellations Clients who fail to cancel 24 hours in advance or miss their appointments, will be charged in full for their scheduled service. If the appointment is for dermal filler, Botox, Kybella, sclerotherapy, or laser treatment, you will be charged a standard fee of $100
Insurance & Payment
SkinMD works with various insurance companies and will bill them directly for services that are covered by your plan. We ask that our patients verify that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for their insurance plans and obtain referrals, if required, prior to your appointment. Patients will be responsible for payment of co-pays and deductibles at the time of their visit. Unfortunately, we DO NOT accept: Medicaid, TNCare, Blue Care, AARP, Amerigroup, and United Healthcare (Community Plan).
The following tips will assist you with insurance information:
- It is your responsibility to verify your benefits and confirm that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for your insurance plan. You may need to call the number on the back of your card directly to verify, as the website listing may be out of date.
- If a referral from your PCP is required, please verify that it has been sent by your PCP at least three days prior to your appointment. If your insurance card has your PCP’s name listed, it is more than likely that a referral will be required. If you still would like to be seen without a referral, you must assume full financial responsibility for the charges incurred on the day of your visit.
- Please bring a copy of your current insurance card to each visit.
- SkinMD accepts Aetna and CareCredit.
- SkinMD collects all co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance on the date of service. Our contract with your insurance plan states that we will collect these fees from you. We ask that you supply us your credit card information, so that we may charge these fees once your insurance claim has been processed and the insurance portion has been paid.
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.